Donate to help young Pakistani women build careers in tourism.
Donations from Pakistan can be sent to:
Account Title: Aneeqa Ali
Account Number: 0148150000008342
Bank: Faysal Bank Limited
Swift Code: FAYSPKKA
Branch: 69-B, Main Boulevard, Gulberg-II, Lahore (0148)
Please include a reference to COVID or Root Network if possible.
Demand for women-led travel is rising, but only 3.2% of tourism professionals in Pakistan are women.
That’s why we’re launching the Women in Tourism Fellowship.
The Root Network Women in Tourism Fellowship aims to supplement the skills and knowledge of recent graduates and young professionals to further support their goals within the tourism sector.
We’ll provide practical training to ensure women are well-prepared to succeed in the industry, and mentorship opportunities to create a network of support as women grow professionally.
Your donation can help young women build careers in the tourism industry.
We’re aiming for long-term impacts for our participants. The fellowship program is composed of multi-week interventions and post-training support, including:
- In-Person Training: Immersive workshops for female graduates and young professionals to build knowledge and understanding of industry as a whole.
- Practical Implementation: Practical work experience through field trips and trial tours (paid internships) to reinforce learning and build confidence.
- Community Forums: Co-development of participant-led community forums post-training to foster support and buy-in from family and community members.
- Mentorship: Create a network of support for women in the industry by pairing participants with more experienced professionals in the industry for ongoing mentorship and guidance.
- Industry Networking: Ongoing connection of participants with potential employers and opportunities for entrepreneurship to increase access to market. Co-develop long term solutions to increase economic and professional opportunities for participants.
In order to achieve our objectives, we’re working to raise US$20,000. This will allow us to conduct two multi-week training sessions for women across Gilgit-Baltistan, with the long-term goal of adapting and implementing the training sessions in other regions of Pakistan.
Funds raised will be used to conduct the training sessions. Projected expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Honorariums for participants
- Accommodation and transportation fees
- Fees for training, specialized local guides, guest speakers, and on ground support
- Special certification, and licensing
- Marketing and promotional content
- Ongoing networking and mentorship support
Want to know more? See the project page for more details.
This is your chance to be an ally.
If you’ve ever savored a breath of fresh mountain air at sunset, sipped a warm cup of chai at the foot of snowy peaks, or enjoyed the hospitality of Gilgit-Baltistan, this is your chance to give back.
Even if you haven’t, you know how difficult this pandemic has been for people all over the world. How important it is to support each other during these times.
A donation today is an investment in the young women of Gilgit-Baltistan. Even the smallest amount can help change a woman’s life.